Wednesday, February 2, 2011

How I Spent my Snow Day

I didn't have to work yesterday and Spencer's office was closed, so here's how we spent our Snow Day.

Claire and I both ate breakfast...Oat Revolution oatmeal and coffee for me! You have to try this oatmeal...you can get it for 10/$10 at Kroger almost every other week, there's tons of fiber and Omega-3's, natural ingredients, recycled packaging and it's uber tasty.



We played with, read to, tickled, loved on Claire. Check out the peek-a-boo footage.




 
Little laundry...little dusting...little vacuuming...little floor moppage...


{Yes, beach towels...Spencer uses them at the gym, don't judge}

{Look at all of that dog hair and dust....ick!}

Claire took a nap...Spencer and I had more coffee...

{And, no, my Summer Infant Slim and Secure monitor was NOT part of the recall, and no, I couldn't live without it}

Put some chicken tortilla soup in the crock pot for dinner...here's the recipe I used:
Great website, btw.
 

The ice began...


{Yep, that's my Christmas winter wreath still up outside my front door}

I blog-stalked for a little while...here are a few of my favs:
Nothing like reading about the lives of people you don't know!

Claire tried some rice cereal for the first time...it went pretty well for about 4 bites then she decided that she was more interested in the dog who was sitting under her high chair, waiting for droppings.



Claire took another nap, Spencer went to the gym, and I did yoga on ExerciseTV, OnDemand...I'm obsessed with this Body by Bethenny video {and with her, in general...I think she's hysterical.}


We ate our soup, had a bottle glass of wine, watched Inception with Leonardo DiCaprio {good, not great...kinda crazy} and all went to bed.


It was a normal and simple but  FANTASTIC family day!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment