17. I'm addicted to caffeine. If I get to noon without a diet coke or cup of coffee, withdrawal symptoms set in. It's ugly.
16. I grew up going to "the" pool all summer....every day, all day for probably 10 summers. Spencer thinks it's the weirdest thing ever {who plays baseball and rides their bike around all summer??} but it's just what we did. My first job was there, my friends were all there, I was on the swim team, taught swim lessons and was a lifeguard for 6 years. Claire WILL love the water!
15. I have red hair and until college, I hated it. I was made fun of as a kid for my hair and freckles but now I can confidently say that I enjoy not looking like everyone else.
14. I looooove beer. Any kind...dark, light, wheat, IPA, porter. I like it all....and I bought my husband a beer-making kit for Christmas that I'm still waiting for him to get brewing!
13. I was your typical sorority girl in college. We sang the obnoxious songs and chants, took ridiculous pictures, drank entirely too much at times, wore the "letters" for three straight years, and I wouldn't take back one second. I have lifelong friends because of those "red hot tomatoes!!"
12. I could eat Mexican food {including the white cheese dip} every day of my life. For real.
11. I never believed it when people said that you won't like your dog once you have a baby. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE her, I just can't stand her sometimes. Especially when she licks Claire's face....icccckkkk.
10. I love folding baby laundry...hate folding anything else, but her little tiny leggings and onesies and socks just make me giggle. I seriously look forward to getting baby loads out of the dryer.
9. I floss my teeth once a month. My hubby {yes, a dentist} hates it but it's just true. I've never had cavities so I figure, ehhhh.....why start now???
8. I took 18 shots on my 21st birthday... Spencer and Tyler carried me out of Sports- popcorn, yellow t-shirt and signed paddle in hand. Wow, scary.
7. Lucy sits at the dinner table. Not really sure when it started but it's true and sad, I know. She also gets to lick our dinner plates pretty much every night. She's spoiled and happy, and see...I do LOVE her.
6. I'm honestly scared to have another baby. Claire has been the best, happiest, sleepiest, hungriest baby ever, and I'm terrified that my next one will be an absolute nightmare.
5. I have always known that I wanted to be a nurse. I was 12 when my grandmother told me that I would be a wonderful oncology nurse, as she was dying of cancer. Coincidence, I think not. My job makes me feel smart and loving and brave. Especially since Claire was born, it has put my life into perspective. I'm incredibly blessed.
4. I pretty much know how many calories are in anything I eat or drink. Does it stop me, not usually.
3. I loved being pregnant {the last two weeks don't count, right?? They're miserable for everyone}, and not finding out the sex of our baby was the best decision we've ever made. I wish I had video of our reaction when SHE came out. S.J and I both were convinced she was boy.
2. I learned how to sew when I was a little girl. My mom sewed lots of our clothes as kids and I hope to do the same for mine. Not gonna lie, I love my BabyGap, but it's all about balance, people!
1. I believe that there are two kinds of people in this world: those who eat to live, and those who live to eat. I'm a live to eater...absolutely, no doubt about it, I love food and I pretty much think about it 24/7. I go to bed and can't wait to wake up and eat breakfast. People who forget to eat meals freak me out.
Do you have some secrets to share???
love it! totally agree with you on #11 and #12. and i hate all laundry but baby clothes are tolerable. let's get together soon! maybe lunch at home? claire is getting so big, i want to see her!
ReplyDelete