Everything Cookies
1 stick butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup white flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/8 cup ground flax seed (optional)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter, sugars, vanilla and egg with hand mixer. Mix dry ingredients (minus the oatmeal) then add to wet ingredients. Fold in oatmeal. This is where you can add whatever sounds good or you have leftover in the pantry...this time I used:
1/2 cup dried cranberries,
1/2 cup pecan and walnut pieces,
1/2 cup chocolate chips and
1/2 cup butterscotch chips.
I've also used pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, white chocolate chips, raisins.... well, you get the idea!
Bake for 8-10 minutes on a greased cookie sheet. I make SUPER small cookies (about 1 Tbsp dough per cookie) because it makes me feel less guilty about eating them, so this recipe makes about 4 dozen bite-sized treats. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment