Saturday, January 14, 2012

While I'm at it....

While I'm trying to cut down on preservatives, chemicals and fake sugar in my house, why not make my own coffee creamer? Yes, I hate to admit it, but we're coffee creamer people...the sweeter the better! I was so excited when I saw some recipes for making your own, and here's what I came up with:

Vanilla Cream
1 can Fat-Free Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 1/2 cups milk (any kind'll do!)
1 Tbsp vanilla extract

Cinnamon Nut
1 can Fat-Free Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 1/2 cups milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp almond extract
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Put all ingredients in a glass jar (I made a half recipe of each flavor so they would fit in my jars!) and shake it like you mean it. Store in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. The possibilities are endless!



P.S: Did you know that sweetened condensed milk is simply milk and sugar??
 My kind of ingredient list!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment