Friday, January 13, 2012

What We're Seasoning


With some Pinterest inspiration, I decided that I wanted to start making my own "packet" seasonings...I use dry onion soup mix, ranch and italian dressing mix and taco seasoning A LOT, especially in the winter with crock-pot recipes. Once I started reading about some of the ingredients chemicals that are in those packets, I was all for it. Starting with four canning jars (with lids), here are the recipes:

Onion Soup Mix
2/3 cup dried, minched or chopped onion
3 tsp. parsley flakes
2 tsp. onion
1 tsp. turmeric
1 tsp celery salt
1 1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp ground black pepper


Ranch Dressing
5 Tbsp dried minced onions
7 tsp parsley flakes
4 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder

Italian Dressing
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder 
1 Tbsp onion powder
2 Tbsp dried oregano
1 Tbsp dried parsley
1 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp ground thyme
1/2 tsp celery seed

Taco Seasoning
1/2 cup chili powder
1/4 cup onion powder
1/8 cup ground cumin
1 Tbsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp paprika
1 Tbsp sea salt
**This is for a "mild" seasoning, so to make it "hot" add 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper**

Put all ingredients into each jar and give them a good shake!
2 Tbsp seasoning = one packet


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment