Wednesday, March 17, 2010

New favorite recipe...

So for those of you who don't know, I love to cook and bake and am hoping to use my blog as a means to share recipes, as well as update you on the Kruse happenings!!
Here's my new favorite (I'm actually eating it right now)...it's actually a recipe from my friend Katie Rozelle. It's healthy and easy...BONUS!

Amish-baked Oatmeal

1 1/2 quick cooking oatmeal
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup sugar (I prefer brown sugar, but white is fine too)
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup butter (or you can use applesauce for a low cal option)
1 egg

Preheat oven to 350. Mix all ingredients and spread in greased 9 X 13 baking dish. Top with 1/2- 1 cup fresh or frozen fruit (blueberries, bananas, and apples are all great) and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until edges are brown. Immediately spoon into bowl and top with milk and brown sugar if desired.  ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment