So we had our 18 (and a half) week ultrasound on Friday...the one where they check all of the anatomy, genetic markers, and gender (NO, we did not give in to temptation!) Seeing our baby swim around was so amazing...I wish there was a more original word for it, but it truly was "amazing." Now I have to make a small confession...up until now, I've absolutely loved being pregnant but have to say I've been sort of preoccupied with fears of gaining weight, my body changing in ways I had no idea were possible, my skin looking crappy, my emotional outbursts and my lack of will power when it comes to kettle chips and Reese's Cups. I had some major guilt on Friday after getting the opportunity to watch our baby wiggle for almost 15 minutes (we had an amazing ultrasound tech!!) for being so worried about these things. People have said to me from the beginning: "Abby, don't worry about that stuff...you're growing a BABY," and until now, I never fully listened to them. I'M GROWING A REAL, LIVE, BEAUTIFUL, HEALTHY BABY! It feels great to really grasp this reality and to embrace these changes, knowing that I'm doing the best I can. Our little one is now 1/2 a pound and about 6 inches long and is measuring exactly on our due date, August 24th. The heartrate was 167, and all of the anatomy looked great (yes, nurse friends, a four-chambered heart and no signs of cleft palate, or masses.) I'm also feeling the baby kick- A LOT...Spencer hasn't been able to feel it from the outside world yet, but I think within a few weeks, he will be able to share in my amazement : ) Now onto the pictures....thanks for listening!!

Profile pic...if you look closely, with my tongue sticking out!

Nice and comfy...Indian style!
"Hi guys....I'm having a great time in here!"
No comments:
Post a Comment