In the midst of having our second baby, we also decided to buy a new home, and sell our old one. I was more than a little emotional at first (postpartum hormones, what?!) about leaving the house that we had put so much hard work into. We brought both of our babies home to that house, we raked millions of leaves, and we renovated so much of it. We knew eventually that we would run out of space there, and when a house in our ideal neighborhood came up (on Craigslist, yes!), our realtor thought we needed to take a look. The space, location, and price were all right, so we decided that the time was now! We couldn't be happier here...it feels like home, and that's what matters the most. We still have projects, which makes this DIYing couple happy, but for now, we're just enjoying making new memories in our new home. Happy New Year!
Bar in the living room? This house was made for us!
The project list:
French doors into the playroom
Reface and paint (white!) kitchen cabinetry
Replace front door
New hardwoods in family room and kitchen
Landscaping and shutters in front
Stone patio, landscaping and tree-planting in backyard
Finishing the basement (gonna be a BIG one!)
I'll keep you posted on our progress...
Your new home is lovely, Abby.
ReplyDeleteCarmen
I've randomly followed your blog since the before the birth of your older daughter. (I have a daughter born August 2010 too.) Just want to wish you congratulations on your second child and your new home. Both are beautiful!
ReplyDeleteYou have a beautiful home and what I like about this is you have a wide yard. I have tons of landscaping ideas for this kind of space.
ReplyDeletecastlerock landscape