Sunday, December 2, 2012

{What We're Eating} Hawaiian Chicken

With the chaos of having a newborn and a busy toddler, I've tried some new recipes that require only throwing ingredients in a baking dish or crock pot and letting them cook. This is a spin-off of a Pinterest recipe that I've simplified. Enjoy!

Hawaiian Chicken
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 can pineapple chunks in 100% juice, drained (save the juice!!)
1 bell pepper, diced (I prefer red or orange)
1/2 cup shelled edemame
1/2 cup pineapple juice
1/4 cup BBQ sauce
2 tsp low sodium soy sauce


1 tsp honey
Salt, pepper, and garlic powder to season

In greased baking dish, place the chicken breasts.  Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder then add diced peppers and pineapple chunks over top of chicken. Whisk together BBQ sauce, pineapple juice, soy sauce, and honey then pour over top of the chicken, peppers and pineapple. Bake at 375 for 35-45 minutes or until juices run clear. Serve with brown rice.
Like it spicy? Add 2 tsp of Siracha to sauce mixture and get your sweat on!




No comments:

Post a Comment