Our sweet miracle was born on October 17 at 6:03pm (weird that Claire was also born on a Wednesday at 6pm, right?!!). She weighed 6 lbs, 6 oz and was 19 1/4 inches long. Labor and delivery brought some unexpected twists and turns, mostly epidural related, but she was delivered in only two pushes once I dilated from 4cm to 10 in just 30 minutes! Recovery after a second baby has already been much quicker...although also a necessity when chasing around a sassy big sister! Paige is working on gaining weight (she was 5lbs 15oz at our weight check last Thursday), so we're hoping to be back up to birth weight by our next check on Wednesday. Claire is adjusting well and finally wanting to hold, burp and kiss miss "Paigey-pie," as she has affectionately named her. I can't wait to see these girls grow up to be best friends. I can't imagine my life without my sister, and I'm so thankful that my girls will have that too. My cup runneth over...
3cm...pitocin is flowing!
Happiest day!
No comments:
Post a Comment