Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Second Baby Stuff

I am basically prepared ("stuff"-wise!) for the arrival of Baby #2 but there are a few things I would love to add to my collection before he or she comes along. Some are things that you just need with two kiddos others are just essentials that weren't as popular when Claire was born. Any other suggestions?

Muslin Swaddling Blankets- great for swaddling, keeping baby cool, and easy to stuff in a diaper bag! These are by Aden and Anais

Aden + Anais Baby Cakes Cotton Muslin Swaddle Blankets, 4-Pack

ERGO Carrier- I loved my over-the-shoulder sling for Claire, but I'd like one that SJ can use, be a little easier on my back, and be usable into the toddler stage since I'll be chasing two around before I know it. Love the new Petunia Pickle Bottom prints, but would probably go with a neutral black or grey so the hubs would actually wear it in public!

ERGObaby Organic Baby Carrier Petunia Pickle Bottom Peaceful Portofino

Double Stroller-  I'm still up in the air about this one. Some people love their side-by-sides, some love their sit-and-stands, others are all about the jogging-style strollers that tend to be quite a bit larger and more expensive. I've talked to some moms who skipped the double stroller all-together. Hoping maybe I can find one in good used condition to save a few hundred bucks! Here are a few I'm considering...suggestions welcome!

Chicco Cortina ($250-300)

Chicco Cortina Together Double Stroller - Cubes

Britax B-Ready Inline ($450-500)
Britax B-Ready Double Stroller Twilight Brand New In Box 2012

Phil and Ted's Inline Jogger ($400-500)

Phil&Teds Dash Buggy Baby Stroller with Double Kit (Black) D5+DDK5

Baby Jogger City Mini Double ($349)

Baby Jogger City Mini Double 2011 Black

Pumping Bra-  I've heard great things about these bras, and although they look absolutely ridiculous, I actually think I'd use it a lot while juggling the needs of a a toddler and a newborn.


Easy Expression™ Bustier Pumping Bra - Extra Large
This photo needs the caption, "Pin while you pump!"

Marc Jacobs Nylon Bag- Most definitely not a "need," but wouldn't mind having one of these comfy, over-the-shoulder style bags by Marc Jacobs. The price is a little extreme for a "baby" bag, but a girl can wish, right?!

MARC BY MARC JACOBS 'Pretty Nylon - Little Ukita' Convertible Crossbody Flap Bag MARC BY MARC JACOBS 'Pretty Nylon - Little Ukita' Convertible Crossbody Flap Bag

Fossil's version is actually a little bit bigger and would probably do the trick, especially for about half the price. It comes in great bold colors, too!

Fossil Key-Per Nylon Tote - Tote AH59932 Fossil Key-Per Nylon Tote Raspberry - Fossil Fabric Handbags
Have other suggestions for second-baby must-haves?! Please share!


post signature

2 comments:

  1. I have the a+a swaddles - love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, my phil and teds! Sometimes hard to find a used one but so worth the money!!! You are welcome to use mine for a bit to try it out. I can give you a quick tutorial!!!!!

    ReplyDelete