Friday, December 9, 2011

It's gonna be a big one...

Renovation, that is. The biggest we've tackled, thus far. We've successfully DE-structed the master bathroom, and now begins the process of putting it all back together. Here are a few "before" and "blank slate" photos to get us started.


Here's a {crappy} photo of before the "before," during our final walk-through before purchasing the house. We've done a few cosmetic updates (painting, hardware, framing the mirror and a light-fixture) since then...


Actually doesn't look half-bad from this shot....why did we do this again??


Oh, that's right....the infamous shell-shaped sink and almond-colored bathtub.


And the tiny, stinky, white-grout-turns-orange-when-it's-wet shower.


Let the destruction  begin....
I have to say, I was pretty handy with a hammer and chisel. I pretty much tore out all of the bathtub and shower tile myself...SJ was left to the plumbing, carrying down loads of debris, and tearing out floor tiles that took much more man (and brain) power!



Wow, that's a little scary, right? I think we might need a keg to go in that bucket after all of this is finished...
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment