Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Kitchen Reno

So the kitchen renovation (that was started when I was nine months pregnant) is finally complete!! I'm really proud of Spencer...he's turning into the quite the carpenter/architect/renovator....and considering we had a newborn through all of this, it actually all happened pretty quickly!  Basically we he...

Tore a whole through the kitchen wall to open it up into the living room...

 Trimmed out the pass through...Built a new cabinet/pantry that was integrated into the old cabinets...
Built all new shaker-style doors and drawer fronts for the old cabinets....some with reeded glass...

Bought a new (actually barely "used" off of craigslist) table and chairs....

Added hardware....


Added trim...custom built by SJK himself...


And VOILA....brand "new" beautiful kitchen....and he's pretty proud to say that we stayed under $500 for all of this (including the table and chairs!!) Now that's what I call bang for your buck!

We are hoping to add a backsplash and a breakfast nook/bench seating at some point...but for now, it's done enough for us!

Next project: half bathroom....good riddance, 1989 shell-shaped sink!!


No comments:

Post a Comment