Friday, February 19, 2010

Questions, questions, questions?!?!

So I've had a lot of people ask me a couple classic questions about this baby...thought I'd just get the answers out in the open. NO we are not finding out the sex!! The reaction to this question from some people really cracks me up- some people are horrified by this!! It sounds cheesy and cliche, but we really have no preference and we figure this could be one of the most exciting surprises we may ever get! Question # 2 then becomes: How are you going to decorate the nursery if you can't do pink or blue??? Before we even found out we were pregnant, we decided on colors that we wanted for a nursery. We're not really pink and baby blue people (which if you've ever been to our house, you probably realize this) so we decided on yellow and gray. We are going to do gray beadboard to about picture-rail height and then paint yellow above that. The furniture will all be white. I also am going to attempt to sew all of the crib bedding...I'm getting a new sewing machine for my birthday (thanks to Mom and Dad) and am excited to get started!! This way, I can use gorgeous designer fabric for about 1/4 of the price of bedding you buy at the store. Plus, it's sort of hard to find yellow and gray baby beddding!! Here are swatches of the fabrics I'm using...   


No comments:

Post a Comment